Foreign Income not liable to UK Tax

You’ll need Helpsheet 211, ‘Employment –residence and domicile issues’ to work out the amount to put in this section if you

• are, will be or have been, non-resident or claiming split-year treatment and have been non-domiciled

• are, or will be, non-domiciled and the remittance basis rules apply to some or all of your earnings
• received income in a foreign country that you could not bring to the UK because of exchange
controls or a shortage of foreign currency in that country

You may also need to fill in the ‘Residence Pages.


To record this on SimpleTax, 

ADD the page Other Income and Losses



Under Expenses ADD the Group Seafarers and Patent Reliefs




ADD the category Foreign Seafarers Deduction



Enter the amounts, additional information and click SAVE



This will update the SA101 





The friendly way to do your taxes online.

SimpleTax automatically tells you what expenses you should be claiming, what you should watch out for and ways to lower your tax bill.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk