Follow

Residential Finance Costs: Property Abroad

For the tax year 6 April 2017 to 5 April 2018 the allowable costs of getting a loan or alternative
finance to buy a residential property that is let ,plus any interest on those loans and alternative
finance agreements is restricted to 75% of the costs. 

75% of the costs should be shown in box 17 of the SA106, the remaining 25% should be shown as below

 

Click on the Foreign Income Page

 

Select Land and Property Abroad

 

Fill in all required Information about the property.

 

 

Enter the Residential Finance Costs i.e 25% of the mortgage interest paid

 

 

 

 

The friendly way to do your taxes online.

SimpleTax automatically tells you what expenses you should be claiming, what you should watch out for and ways to lower your tax bill.

Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments

Powered by Zendesk